TikTok is growing, but Instagram is still here. For a personal trainer trying to catch the attention of 25-45-year-old clients, Instagram might be the best place to be on. Even if you’re just starting out your personal training business, there’s nothing wrong concentrating on Instagram audience. Following these steps you’ll see a surge in inbound marketing, as people are willing to pay for your coaching.
How to Promote Personal Training on Instagram?
As a personal trainer you are most likely using Instagram to promote your business. This is a great way to advertise and gain exposure. You are able to share your own personal training stories with your audience. These stories can help your followers connect with you on a more personal level. However, you can use Instagram to promote your business even more.
In order to get the best out of Instagram businesswise, let’s start from the top down by answering a few questions:
- What is like the buyer persona of your business?
- What kind of accounts do they follow on Instagram?
A buyer persona is a fictional character that represents a business’s ideal customer. For example, you may create a buyer persona for a busy working mother who is looking to improve her fitness and health. This persona may include information about her age, occupation, income level, fitness goals, and challenges she faces in fitting exercise into her busy schedule. With this information, you can create videos and Instagram posts that are specifically tailored to this persona and her needs.
When you find out what kind of accounts your buyer persona follows on Instagram, you are ready to serve them much better. Explore the most popular content, add your own two cents and you create more personal insights for your clients and soon-to-be clients.
Personal Trainer Instagram Post Ideas
Creating a buyer persona can help you better understand your target audience and create more targeted and effective Instagram posts and campaigns. But if you’re new to Instagram, you may need a little more specific advice. So here are a few strategies for promoting personal training on Instagram:
- Use hashtags: Include relevant hashtags in your Instagram posts to make it easier for people to discover your content. You can also use popular hashtags related to fitness, health, and wellness to reach a wider audience.
- Share before and after photos: Before and after photos can be a powerful way to showcase the results that your clients have achieved through your training. Make sure to get permission from your clients before posting these photos, and be sure to blur out any identifying information.
- Share workout tips and inspiration: Sharing workout tips, motivation, and inspiration can help you establish yourself as a credible resource in the fitness industry. This can include sharing exercises, workouts, or other fitness-related content that your followers will find helpful and engaging.
- Use Instagram Stories: Instagram Stories is a feature that allows you to share photos and videos that disappear after 24 hours. This can be a great way to share behind-the-scenes glimpses of your personal training business and connect with your followers in a more casual way.
- Collaborate with other fitness professionals: Partnering with other fitness professionals or brands on Instagram can help you reach a new audience and cross-promote your services. Consider collaborating on a workout challenge or hosting a fitness event together.
By serving your customer you can establish yourself as a trusted resource in the fitness industry and reach a wider audience. It’s much better starting point for your marketing actions than only posting ads.
How to communicate on Instagram?
Communication is key when you’re trying to establish customer relationships with your followers. Let’s remind ourselves that everything we do on Instagram – if it can be seen by others – is communication. So in addition to direct messaging comments, hashtags, Instagram Stories and even likes are all part of communication.
You can create a sense of community by encouraging your clients to use a specific hashtag when posting about their workouts or progress, and be sure to use it yourself as well. This makes it easier for clients to connect with each other and share their experiences.
And always respond to comments and reviews: Be sure to regularly check your Instagram account for comments and reviews from your clients, and be sure to respond to them in a timely and professional manner. This shows that you value your clients’ feedback and are committed to providing good customer service.
How to Grow a Fitness Instagram Account?
Fitness-related Instagram accounts are dime in a dozen, and it makes no sense to build a yet another generic photo gallery. A small business owner is not trying to catch the attention of all people, just those that are interested in their services.
Consistency is the most important thing when growing an Instagram account. This means posting new content on a regular basis, such as daily or a few times per week. Consistency helps keep your followers engaged and helps to attract new followers. It’s also absolutely necessary to respond to comments and messages that have arisen from your content.
Using Instagram Insights to Grow Your Personal Training Business
Instagram Insights is a feature that provides analytics about your account and your followers. Use this tool to track engagement and understand what types of content your clients are most interested in. This can help you tailor your communication and content to better meet the needs and interests of your audience. To get the best out of Insights, follow these steps:
- Make sure your account is set to a business profile: In order to access Instagram Insights, you’ll need to switch your account to a business profile. To do this, go to your profile, tap the three lines in the top right corner, and tap “Settings.” From there, tap “Switch to Business Profile,” and follow the prompts to set up your business profile.
- Access Instagram Insights: To access Instagram Insights, go to your profile and tap the bar chart icon in the top right corner. This will bring up a dashboard with several tabs that show different types of data about your account.
- Explore the different tabs: The Instagram Insights dashboard has several tabs that provide different types of data. The “Home” tab shows an overview of your account’s performance, including your follower count, reach, and engagement. The “Content” tab shows data about your individual posts, including the reach, impressions, and engagement for each post. The “Activity” tab shows data about your followers, including when they are most active on Instagram and where they are located. The “Audience” tab shows demographic data about your followers, including their age, gender, and location.
- Use the data to inform your strategy: Use the data from Instagram Insights to inform your strategy and understand what types of content and messages are most effective with your audience. For example, you can use the data to identify the times when your followers are most active and schedule your posts accordingly, or to understand what types of posts are getting the most engagement and create more content in that vein.
Run a contest on your Instagram account
There are many types of competitions that you can arrange on your Instagram account. For example a workout challenge, which can be a short-term challenge that involves completing a specific workout or series of workouts over a set period of time (such as 30-day challenge).
A fitness photo contest could be a success. This could involve encouraging followers to post photos of themselves working out or showing their progress, and then choosing a winner based on a specific criteria, such as the most inspiring transformation or the most creative workout.
Nutrition challenges could involve encouraging followers to follow a specific nutrition plan or make healthy eating choices for a set period of time, and then rewarding the participants who make the most progress.
Fitness trivia contests with trivia questions about fitness, health, or wellness. Afterwards you reward the followers who answer the most questions correctly.
You might also give away equipment: Any fitness-related prizes, such as gym memberships, personal training sessions, or fitness equipment, to followers who participate in a contest or challenge.
More Personal Training Clients Through a Better Service
Everything we do as professionals on Instagram, should be pointed toward our customers and potential customers. So it can be said that through better service we acquire more leads who then turn into paying customers. You can never know which post or comment has gotten the customer to take action and shoot us a message. By providing excellent customer service and creating a sense of community around your business, you can attract and retain more clients, and grow your personal training business.
In conclusion, using Instagram to showcase your personal training business and provide excellent customer service can be an effective way to attract new clients. By posting consistently, using hashtags, engaging with your followers, using Instagram Stories, collaborating with other fitness professionals or brands, and using Instagram Insights, you can build a strong presence on the platform and establish yourself as a trusted and credible resource in the fitness industry.